Case Officers in the Resident Support Theme deliver services to some of the more vulnerable residents of the District including Homelessness, Housing Needs, Housing Benefits and Council Tax Support. The Team are also responsible for the effective management of the Council’s housing stock.
In this role you will be providing administrative and clerical support to your colleagues. No two days will be the same, activities will be varied including such things as answering the telephone and dealing with customer enquiries, responding to emails and on-line communications, producing letters via templates and mail merge, scanning and filing (electronically) of key documents, checking and validating applications, processing orders and invoices, data -entry and database management and scheduling meetings and appointments.
Experience of delivering administration services in an office environment is essential while experience of working in a local authority or similar organisation would be an advantage.
The ideal applicant will:
- Be an experienced administrator
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Be a team player who can work in a flexible and supportive manner
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once and manage their own time well
- Deliver their work to a consistently high standard
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Have excellent IT skills, proficient in using Microsoft Office
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 2 September 2019.