Social Prescribing Support Officer
Full Time Salary: £21,955 – £24,277
Fixed term contract until 31 March 2020
likely to extend due to emerging new social prescribing service
Are you committed to supporting people, a well organised person with experience in providing support and empowering people to take control of their health and wellbeing and who relishes a challenge?
About the role
This is your opportunity to join our Community Support Services team and make a positive contribution to the residents of the borough by taking the lead in the social prescribing service being delivered across Elmbridge.
You will be directly supporting our residents, some of whom will be vulnerable, and sign posting them to both council and voluntary services, as well as other relevant support networks. You will be working with people on a range of issues including, low level mental health, debt, poor housing and physical inactivity.
Working with local service providers, including the voluntary sector, will be key to your role and we will support you to ensure you are fully aware of the support available in Elmbridge. This knowledge will also help you to identify any gaps in the service.
You will also be required to take an enhanced DBS disclosure
- You are a good listener, have time for people and are committed to supporting individuals to improve their wellbeing.
- You will be comfortable working in partnership with health, social care and the voluntary sector.
- You should have experience of working positively with people facing complex social and emotional challenges.
- You can manage competing priorities and will be able to juggle your responsibilities to our residents as well as to your colleagues.
- You have good experience in MS Office and Excel.
If you believe you have these skills, the required experience and the motivation to succeed in this role, we look forward to hearing from you.
You will be joining a progressive organisation, determined to support its residents in all aspects of their lives. You will find yourself being supported by a dedicated team and committed management group. See the CSS recruitment document attached for more information on the team.
If you would like to chat about this role, please contact Gail McKenzie on 01372 474537
Closing Date: Midday - 9th September 2019
Interview Date: 17th September 2019