£10,584.50 per annum pro-rata to £21,169 for 18 hours per week based at Epsom Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5BY.
This fast paced and busy role will be located in our Epsom office with an expectation for you to travel to Elmbridge & Mole Valley area to support and work together with your colleagues.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the role
Our Reablement Service works with individuals within their own homes to help them become more independent following a period of ill health, often following a hospital admission.
Administrative Assistants provide an administrative support service to all our teams that enables the smooth running of day-to-day activities. As part of this role, admin staff are heavily involved in collating timesheet data to enable staff to be paid correctly and gathering monthly statistical information for reporting purposes.
Every day will bring a different challenge in this varied and interesting role. The role includes:
- Processing staff timesheets
- Answering a duty phone system – talking to the public, staff and other professionals
- Diary management, attending team meetings, organisational management
- Assisting with recruitment/induction of staff
- Maintaining filing systems, scanning documentation, preparing correspondences, ensuring training and data for staff is up to date
- Working with Word and Excel documents
- Submitting monthly statistical data to tight deadlines
- Supporting community staff with general queries regarding pay etc
It is a requirement that you understand the importance both of confidentiality and taking responsibility for delivering your own work to a consistently high standard. You will need to be organised & comfortable setting your own priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working with a range of staff in a team environment
- Competency in a range of IT skills (Inc Excel)
- Ability to work in a flexible and supportive manner
- Good organisation / administrative skills
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion contact Marion Lockett - Area Reablement Manager on 01737 737530 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 18/08/2019.