About the Role
This is an exciting and rewarding role which provides the Council with competent health and safety advice covering all of its operations and activities, including potentially one day a week providing the same support for neighbouring Tandridge District Council.
About the Person
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent knowledge of current occupational health and safety legislation and experience of applying it in the workplace;
• Experience of managing health and safety in a large, multi-activity organisation;
• Experience of accident investigation;
• Great communication skills;
• A collaborative and supportive approach;
• Excellent organisational and time management skills; and,
• Strong IT skills and be able to produce clear reports, policy and procedure documents.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Katie Jackson, Environmental Health Manager, on 01737 276309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: Sunday 28th July
Interview date: Tuesday 13th August
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.