Join the team at the Harlequin Theatre and Cinema!
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council wishes to recruit an enthusiastic technician to join our multi-skilled technical department based at The Harlequin Theatre & Cinema.
The successful candidate will need:
• Previous technical experience, preferably gained in an arts environment, which may include all or a combination of stage, cinema and corporate functions;
• Knowledge of or a willingness to learn aspects of theatre including but not exclusive to: stage management, lighting design & operation, sound design and operation, cinema projection;
• Knowledge of best Health & Safety practice, including but not exclusive to: First Aid, Manual Handling, Electrical safety and Working at Height;
• A flexible attitude to working hours incorporating the need to work evenings and weekends, both of which are frequently required in the position;
• A desire to learn and a proactive approach to work.
You’ll be deploying your skills across a range of tasks that include:
• Working with incoming production teams on all aspects of their production, ensuring a professional standard of show and high level of customer satisfaction is achieved;
• Assistance with the maintenance and hire of equipment for both cinema and live events;
• Attending meetings- both with internal departments and external production teams as and when required by the Technical Manager or Technical Stage Managers;
• Ensuring compliance with Health, Safety and Fire Regulations;
• Assisting with Emergency evacuations.
For an informal discussion about our technician requirements, please call Rod Henderson or Jennifer Allum, Technical Stage Managers, on 01737 276442 or 01737 276590 or email the technical team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Sunday 04th August 2019