‘Happy to talk flexible working’
Mole Valley lies at the heart of Surrey. The towns of Dorking and Leatherhead are the District’s main centres.
Our purpose built open-plan offices have recently been refurbished. We are located opposite the Sports Centre which offers a swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café and Dorking Halls, which provides a range of facilities including a café, cinema, theatre and concerts.
About the role
- Part of the HR and OD team, providing a comprehensive, value added HR service in line with the Council’s policies and employment legislation
- Providing advice and support on casework, change projects and performance management, to facilitate appropriate management of organisational risk
- Proactively seek and implement improvements in the HR service to enable delivery of the Council’s objectives
About the team
We are a small (and perfectly formed) highly collaborative and energetic HR and OD team, from a variety of different backgrounds. Ideally positioned as a strategic enabler to service delivery, the HR and OD team work in partnership with the leadership and management teams to provide a comprehensive, value added HR and OD service across the organisation, enabling the Council to deliver on its objectives for residents and businesses.
As a talented and experienced HR professional you will deliver proactive, pragmatic, creative and outcome focused HR advice and solutions to services across the Council.
You will demonstrate a solid understanding of the impact of advice on operations, with a proven track record advising on a wide range of employment related HR issues. Using your good working knowledge of employment legislation and its application you will build and develop relationships quickly with managers and staff at all levels, supporting and guiding on a range of HR matters throughout the business.
A good team player, with sound analytical skills, you will be a self starter who is well organised and flexible, with the interpersonal skills to build your credibility at giving robust but pragmatic advice. You will be CIPD qualified or equivalent. With a demonstrable enthusiasm to embrace opportunities for continuous development you will build on your CIPD (or equivalent) qualification in all aspects of HR advisory work, and we will be happy to support you in your learning journey.
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
• 23 days holiday a year plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Charlie Skinner on 01306 879103 Alternatively you can contact HR at email@example.com
Closing date for applicants: Midday 11 June 2019
Interview dates: 19 June 2019
How to apply
Visit our careers website https://jobsatmolevalley.co.uk/opportunities/or email our careers inbox firstname.lastname@example.org submit your CV along with a personal / supporting statement in the text box provided, to let us know how you meet the required skills and experience of the job description and person specification.