We are looking for an experienced communications professional who is creative, innovative and enthusiastic, to join our communications team and help tell our story. We need someone with a passion and talent for communications to help us engage with our residents, businesses, staff and other stakeholders.
We are an ambitious council with big challenges ahead and this role is crucial in helping maintain our reputation, while ensuring excellent communications and customer experience is at the heart of what we do.
You will be a dynamic self-starter with the ability to manage competing pressures. You will be a brilliant writer for multiple formats, able to translate complex issues into engaging content and continue our excellent relationship with the media, as well as manage the delivery of a full range of internal and external communication activity. You will be politically aware, have excellent personal skills and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
You need to have the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record of working in public relations/communications or journalism.
- Ability to create and implement communications plans.
- Experience of producing publications, working with designers to give clear briefs which ensure cost effective and timely production of documents.
- Experience of website and social media content management.
- An ability to work as a team player, including building strong relationships with all colleagues and stakeholders.
- Excellent project management, organisation and prioritisation skills and able to work to deadlines, on own initiative and under pressure.
This post is politically restricted as set out in the Local Government and Housing Act of 1989.
Interviews will take place on the 6 June.
Previous applicants need not apply.
For an informal chat please contact Giuseppina Valenza, Head of Communications and Customer Experience on 01883 732704, e-mail email@example.com.