Mobile Works Team Leader
Between £25,369 - £29,607 per annum. Working 41 hours in the summer and 29 hours in the winter, you will be paid 37 hours pro-rata.
To be shortlisted for interview your application should clearly evidence
- City & Guilds Level 3, NVQ, RHS General, IOG Inter or equivalent in Fine Turf Management.
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Good administrative skills with the ability to carry out general admin tasks such as timesheets, audit reports, stores orders etc.
- Strong team working skills.
- Good customer service skills with a customer focused approach.
- Experience of professional groundsmanship.
- Experience of operating and maintaining mowing machinery and a range of power tools.
- Experience of professional horticultural activities such as planting, turf management, hedge cutting, pesticide spraying, etc.
- Good written skills with the ability to comply with written instructions and relevant by-laws.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately with a wide variety of people including staff, members of the public, volunteers and community groups.
- Awareness of the Health and Safety at Work Act and experience of working on basic health and safety documentation (Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures).
- PA1 and PA6 Certificate in Pesticide Spraying.
- Physically capable of undertaking the duties as set out in the job description, which may include some heavy lifting.
- Driving licence valid to drive in the UK in order to drive Council vehicles to carry out the post holder’s duties.
- Take time to read the person specification and job description before you apply
- Ensure that you include relevant examples on your application form to demonstrate your experience against the job competencies and job description
- Make sure all the information you supply in your application form relates back to the job description and person specification
- Remember to spend time on your application form and to check and double check spelling and grammar
- Ensure you complete the application form in full and include all employment history for the last 3 years
- If you are successful in making it to the interview stage, it will be competency based. We strongly advise that you use examples in the interview to demonstrate the competencies being asked
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 2nd June 2019
Interviews to take place: 5th & 6th June 2019