Molesey Link Facilitator
Community Support Services
Salary: £10.17 - £11.49 p/h / Working on Fridays
We are establishing a new community learning disability service in Molesey and we need your help.
For 6 years we have been providing Cobham Link which offers a programme of support to those with mild to moderate learning disabilities, who want to be as independent as possible. The group is involved with a variety of activities such as allotment gardening, choir, drama and money skills. We now want to expand this to Molesey and we are creating Molesey Link.
We are looking for someone who can work each Friday (for now) and who can plan and deliver a holistic service, tailored to individuals needs, while also making best use of facilities within our Molesey Centre for the Community, such our community garden. Depending on the success of this project we will be looking to expand this service and your role within it.
- You will be a committed, energetic and organised person, who has experience working with people with learning disabilities.
- You will need to be able to implement and assist in developing programmes to meet the needs of people within Molesey Link, concentrating on their physical, emotional and personal needs.
We are proud of our commitment to support our older and more vulnerable residents through the community support team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
What are you waiting for?
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca on 01932 596031 and he will be more than happy to help you. You can also visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.
Deadline: 22 May 2019