£14,371 - £15,863 annum (PS6) for 21.6 hours per week based at Fairmount House, Bull Hill, Leatherhead KT22 7AH. This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
24 days annual leave (28 after 2 years), both pro rated for part time staff, local government salary-related pension offered as well as the option to join the car lease scheme and have discounted child care vouchers. For more information on the many other benefits available to our staff, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the role
About the Role
Surrey County Council is the largest employer in Surrey. Our organisation is split across a diverse range of directorates and services spanning the entire county. This Finance Assistant post sits within the Schools Finance team in the Finance Directorate but may also involve close working with colleagues in schools and other council services.
The council is responsible for the financial management of over 200 maintained schools with budgets totalling over £400m. The Finance Assistant role supports the team, undertaking central accounting tasks, financial monitoring and administering elements of the Schools' Staff Cover Scheme.
The successful applicant will:
- Administer elements of the School's Staff Cover Scheme;
- Produce accurate reports and statistics;
- Undertake general administrative and clerical duties that support the effective running of the service;
- Be able to manage high workloads and work flexibly within a team;
- Contribute to the delivery of Directorate and council objectives.
Although this role involves working as part of a team you will be given the tools to work independently and flexibly as the business needs, to allow you to deliver work to a high standard.
To be shortlisted to interview your expression of interest should provide evidence, with examples where relevant, in the following areas:
- Production of accurate reports and statistics;
- Practical, sound experience of accounting procedures;
- A good level of ICT skills including Work, Excel and Outlook;
- Experience of managing conflicting demands on your time and resources;
- Experience of dealing with schools' finances would be an advantage.
For more information on the roles and responsibilities of this position please review the Job Description attached to the bottom of this advert before applying.
For an informal discussion contact David Green on 020 8541 8010 or Lynn McGrady on 020 8541 9212 or by e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 5 May 2019.
Dates of interviews to be determined.