(Corporate and Strategic) – Property & Asset Management Directorate
Salary: PO6 –£44,607 to £47,511 p.a. (permanent and two-year fixed-term contracts)
The London Borough of Waltham Forest, London’s first Borough of Culture, are delivering a new Corporate Strategy, Creating Futures. This provides a fresh focus and a clear sense of direction. We are fiercely ambitious and strive continuously to make sure each and every one of our residents enjoys a quality life in London.
We are recruiting forward-thinking professionals who’ll place Property and Asset Management at the heart of the Council’s broader organisational change agenda.
Working in Capital Delivery, part of the Economic Growth Directorate, you will play a critical part in the continued transformation of the Council. The current capital budget for the Council includes £40 million p.a. on improving our schools and providing future places, and a 5-year investment plan in corporate office, commercial and housing schemes valued in excess of £500 million. Key projects that the team is taking forward include:
- Town Hall Campus – closure of older, less efficient offices and transfer of staff into a new civic building on the Town Hall campus. The feeder sites, along with areas of the campus itself, will be redeveloped to deliver much needed housing.
- Coronation Square – redevelopment of a prominent Council-owned site to deliver around 750 homes, a civic square, sports hall, health hub, nursery and retail and commercial space.
- Juniper House – Redevelopment of Juniper House, a former Council office, to deliver a mixed-use development, including a residential tower and commercial space.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of construction projects, with values up to £5 million, from RIBA Stage 0 through to Stage 7.
You will need over 3 years’ practical experience of project management and ideally be Prince2 qualified. You will also need evidence of successful working with, supporting and influencing clients and stakeholders is essential.
Waltham Forest has changed drastically. Good schools, great parks, excellent cultural facilities, mass regeneration and budding community entrepreneurship are making it a place that people want to call home.
Working for Waltham Forest comes with a fantastic benefits package that prioritises a healthy work-life balance. As well as receiving a generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme and flexible working opportunities, you’ll experience a fantastic, modern working environment with up to date tech service and plentiful opportunities for promotion and personal development.
We have made the application process as straightforward as possible and just ask that you complete our online application form, providing further information against a couple of specific questions. You are also welcome to attach your CV to further support your application.
For informal enquiries, please contact Eleanor Clarke or Rosemeena Khankhara at JGP, our retained consultants, on 020 7427 8255 or email Eleanor.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date:09:30am, Tuesday, 30th April
- Longlisting and telephone interviews by JGP during which you may be invited to undertake a 30 minute telephone interview – date TBC
- Council Interviews: 13th May 2019