Exhibition and Interpretation Officer
Salary: £21,955 - 24,277 pro rata
28.8 hours per week
Elmbridge Museum is looking for a creative, innovative and dynamic professional to continue to develop our outreach and online exhibition programme, focusing on making the collections more accessible to the local community and bringing the history of the borough to life.
This role involves interpreting the collection and creating new displays, exhibitions and community focused events for a wide range of audiences across the Borough. The successful candidate will find creative and exciting ways of achieving this goal and will contribute to our new and innovative temporary exhibition programme at existing and new locations across the Borough.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential attributes:
Degree in a relevant subject related to the Museum’s collections
- Knowledge of current best practice in curatorship, especially with regard to interpretation and intellectual access to collections
- Experience and demonstrated ability to devise and implement an inspiring programme of displays and community-focused events
- Experience, demonstrated ability and motivation to develop innovative projects with local communities and different audiences
- Experience of applying design software and delivering online interpretive content
- Knowledge of current museum marketing practices
- Experience of working with a museum database
- Good research skills
Elmbridge Museum is based at Elmbridge Borough Council’s Civic Centre offices in Esher.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Clara Pereira, Museum Community Engagement Manager on 01372 474586 or email email@example.com
You can also visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.