Pro rated salary £12,910.50 per annum (full time equivalent £25,821) for 18 hours per week based at Active Surrey, Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking GU22 7QQ. This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
This is a fixed term contract until 31 March 2021.
You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service (pro rated on the basis of hours worked), a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the Role
We are looking for an organised and proactive finance officer to support the work of Active Surrey, the lead agency for sport and physical activity in the county. If you have experience of budget monitoring and managing finance processes and systems, why not apply to join our dynamic and growing organisation?
Active Surrey has a vision to make Surrey the most active county and is committed to working in an innovative, inspiring and impactful way to get more people, more active, more often. This is because evidence shows that active people live healthier, happier and more prosperous lives.
The finance officer would support the work of Active Surrey by providing comprehensive financial support, maintaining and operating the financial services and operating systems and overseeing a budget of over £1 million.
The finance officer would work across projects providing a finance and administrative function. They will also support a group of more senior staff with budget setting and reporting as well as producing information for the Board and Finance and Governance Committee.
To be shortlisted for interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- An appropriate administrative/financial qualification OR equivalent administrative/financial experience together with an understanding of financial procedures and systems.
- An ability to monitor budgets against projected spend and to manage relationships with suppliers and external contractors.
- Experience of maintaining business processes and systems within a busy working environment including preparing, monitoring and reporting on financial budgets.
- Experience of managing a petty cash account.
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of and competency in all Microsoft Office programmes with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to handle a range of confidential material with discretion and sensitivity and to follow procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well to a range of different people.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a flexible and supportive way; to prioritise under pressure, work to targets and meet agreed deadlines; to learn and adapt quickly and to produce output (e.g. emails, written text, financial reports) to a high standard.
- Experience of working in a busy service environment providing support to staff and/or the public.
Active Surrey, part of the national County Sports Partnership (CSP) Network, is a not for-profit organisation, hosted by Surrey County Council and based at Surrey County Council’s offices in Woking. We are committed to achieving greater diversity in our team and encourage applicants from all backgrounds; we particularly welcome applications from disabled people and from black, Asian and minority ethnic people, who are under-represented in our workforce.
The successful candidate may occasionally be required to outside of their core hours to support our programmes and events and hours may increase at busy periods with time given off in lieu. Subject to business requirements being met, we are flexible as to how core hours are managed over the week. We offer 24 days annual leave for full time staff (pro rata for part time staff), local government pension, discounted child care vouchers and the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information on staff benefits, please visit http://ow.ly/MyZB30j73To
To view the role profile and to apply, please visit http://www.activesurrey.com/about-us/jobs-in-sport
For an informal discussion contact Elizabeth Duggan on 07970 257412 or by e-mail at Elizabeth.email@example.com We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 27th March 2019.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 4 April 2019.