Private Rented Sector and Temporary Accommodation Support Officer
Salary: £21,461 - £26,214
(set to increase by 2.3% from April 2019; salary offered will reflect experience)
Closing date – 2 April 2019
Can you help us to help homeless households in Elmbridge?
Our Rental Support Scheme seeks to connect private landlords with homeless households or those threatened with homelessness in the borough. This is not always as straightforward as it seems and as you would expect there is lots of administration duties involved, including;
- dealing with enquiries from landlords,
- raising invoices
- data analysis
- working with landlords to support them through the process,
- maintaining records and regularly updating on progress,
- and helping to prepare tenancy documentation – to name but a few!
You will primarily work in the Private Sector and Temporary Accommodation Team but due to the frontline nature and volume of work across our Housing Options team, you will also need to work flexibly to assist with duties in the Homelessness Prevention and Advice and Social and Supported Housing Teams as required
- Your experience with basic finance tasks such as invoice raising, and financial data analysis will be essential to your support of the team.
- Your organisational skills will be invaluable as you juggle tasks across the Housing Options Unit activities.
- Your ability to work independently will serve you well in this busy team.
- Your determination to get the job done will make a positive difference to people’s lives.
You should know that we will need you to join our rota for starting at 8.45am, as we often need to take calls or meet people who come to the Civic Centre at that time. This will not be every day.
In return you will be working at a progressive council, determined to put the needs of its residents at the heart of everything we do. We know there are challenges in the housing sector, but we are doing what we can to help residents who need our assistance to find a suitable place to live.
Rest assured that while you are supporting our residents, we will be supporting you. You will have access to a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- A free medical check-up and flu jab each year
- Up to 3 days paid leave for you to care for dependents at time of illness or to manage other emergency situations
- Enrolment to our leisure discount scheme
- And the opportunity to buy up to 10 additional days annual leave
If this role seems interesting to you, we want to hear from you. You can contact Sherone Lee on 01372 474629 for an informal chat about the role or visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.