Weekend Meals at Home Driver
Hours: 9 hours per week (Saturday & Sunday)
Salary Range: *£16,550 - £20,209 pro rata (salary scale effective from
*equivalent to £8.57 - £10.47 per hour
A £10 shift allowance payable per day worked
Following the ongoing transformation of our Community Services Team, we are looking to recruit a Meals at Home Driver to work 9 hours per weekend as follows:
Saturday- 09:30 am - 2:30 pm
Sunday - 10.30 am - 2:30 pm
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be able to:
- Drive one of our purpose adapted vans delivering hot lunchtime meals at home on weekends and some Bank Holidays.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Prior experience of face to face work with specific groups or members of the public in the provision of an enabling or customer-oriented service.
- Cash handling and basic administration skills.
- A current full driving licence, appropriate for vehicle type.
- An understanding of the needs of and issues faced by older and vulnerable people.
- A “can do” attitude and commitment to customer service.
- The ability to remain calm and cheerful even when working under pressure.
- The ability to work on own initiative and also within a small team.
- That you are approachable, courteous and have a calm disposition.
Whilst some experience of working with older and disabled clients is preferable, full support and training will be given to the right candidate. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Aline Poulter on 01276 707659 between 09.00 and 16.00 Monday to Friday.
Benefits include 23 days annual leave (pro-rata), Local Government Pension Scheme, free parking and lifestyle rewards benefits.
To apply, please visit https://ats-surreyheath.jobsgopublic.com/vacancies/list
Closing date: 24th March 2019
NO AGENCY CALLS PLEASE
How to Apply