About the Role
As a multi-disciplinary role, the Trees & Countryside Operations Specialist will lead on the maintenance of Reigate & Banstead Borough Council’s Riverside Green Chain sites in Horley.
The role will involve undertaking a full range of arboricultural works including pruning, felling and working at height. In addition, a full range of grounds maintenance duties will need to be delivered, including grass cutting, hedge cutting & footpath clearance.
The Trees & Countryside Operations Specialist will also be responsible for undertaking a range of specialist countryside management practices, including habitat, meadow & watercourse management activities.
About the Person
• A conscientious and highly motivated person with at least 3 years’ experience in delivering a full range of arboriculture operations, including working at height.
• Qualified in tree felling, climbing and using chainsaws & wood chippers.
• A confident leader of operational teams, and licenced to drive vehicles towing trailers & chippers.
• Knowledge and experience in the delivery of countryside management practices, such as habitat, watercourse and meadow management activities.
• Good written and verbal communication skills are essential, together with strong organisational ability and accurate attention to detail.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Michael Hill, Greenspaces Operations Manager on 01737 276391.
We are proud to support the guaranteed interview schemes for those meeting the essential criteria for the role, under the Disability Confident employer scheme for disabled candidates, and the ‘Veteran’s scheme’ for ex-armed forces candidates.
Closing date: Sunday March 17th 2019
Interview date: Monday March 25th 2019
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.