An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our Revenues Team as a Revenues Officer (Recovery), based in the Civic Offices in Woking Town Centre.
You will be part of a team responsible for the recovery of outstanding Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates. You will be customer focussed, empathetic but assertive and confident in communicating both verbally and in writing, in order to deliver successful outcomes for customers and for the Council.
The main duties of the role include:
- Ensuring the recovery cycle is followed and completed for Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates accounts for all stages of recovery, including post liability order action
- Analysing and monitoring post liability order actions including Enforcement Agent case selection and review, Committal, Bankruptcy, Charging Orders and other actions as required.
- Attending and representing the Council at Liability Order and Committal hearings
- Liaising with external bodies such as Enforcement Agents, Department of Work and Pensions and Solicitors
- Conduct office interviews and deal promptly and courteously with all forms of communication with the general public in accordance with the Councils Customer Care Code and other agreed guidelines
- Assisting as required in activities relating to the billing and collection of Council Tax and Business Rates
The successful applicant should meet the above criteria whilst being flexible and adaptable. The salary offered will be reflective of qualifications and experience.
The Council offers in return 23 days annual leave (which increases with continuous service), a generous flexi time scheme with the ability to take two flexi days per month, membership of the local government pension scheme, discounted health and leisure membership, plus many more excellent benefits.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact either Terry Stocks 01483 743231 (Revenues Team Manager) on or Cathy Hames (Senior Recovery Officer) on 01483 743639.
Interviews will take place on Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd April 2019.
How to Apply