About the role
A vacancy has arisen for a fully qualified and certificated enforcement officer (in accordance with the Enforcement Agents Regulations 2014 and the Taking Control of Goods regulations 2014) to enforce non payment of council tax and business rates.
We are looking for someone with a good working knowledge of debt collection regulations, preferably council tax and business rate enforcement. The role will involve a large amount of time meeting debtors face to face at their property and the successful applicant will therefore have a proven ability to achieve high levels of customer care, able to manage difficult and challenging situations but remain focused on achieving high collection rates. In addition to achieve high collection rates early morning, evening and weekend work will be required.
Applicants should preferably also have at least two years experience of dealing with debtors enquiries in an enforcement agent collection environment or similar, have the use of their own car and a current and valid driving licence.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices