Mole Valley lies at the heart of Surrey. The towns of Dorking and Leatherhead are the District’s main centres.
Our purpose built open-plan offices have recently been refurbished. We are located opposite the Sports Centre which offers a swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café and Dorking Halls, which provides a range of facilities including a café, cinema, theatre and concerts.
About the role
You will be joining the property team in an organisation which is a great place to work with clear ambitions and a strong ethos of team work and collaboration.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to provide a professional and capable Building Surveyor/Project Manager service within the council’s property team. As well as having responsibility for leading on the delivery of a number of both high value and high profile projects on time, on budget and to the required quality, you will have responsibility for managing external consultants in their provision of professional services.
This role requires a DBS check.
You will be a knowledgeable RICS Building Surveyor ideally with a background in local government and have considerable experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams of professional consultants. You will be capable of working on your own initiative in the successful delivery of the councils redevelopment projects.
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
• 23 days holiday a year (from April 2019) plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 29 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle Scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops and businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
For further information about the role, please contact:
John Menlove on firstname.lastname@example.org,
or alternatively you can contact HR at email@example.com
Closing date for applicants: 28 February 2019
Interview dates: 8 March 2019