About the role
Mole Valley District Council has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Team Leader who enjoys working at weekends, on a shift pattern with late and early starts, to allow for rest days during the week. With the occasional need for night shift cover as per the on call rota, you will work alongside the Monitoring and Response Operations Manager and Team Leader colleagues to provide day to day operational management to meet and improve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Delivering support and day to day leadership for the Telecare Operators, including call handling, staff training for new operators and assisting with the delivery of ongoing refresher training, ensuring day to day operational management.
The role requires the post holder to work five days a week with a rolling weekend pattern as below:
Week 1 – Sunday
Week 2 – Saturday
Week 3 – Saturday and Sunday
You will be responsible for ensuring that you follow operations, Microsoft and ICT systems for managing people, to support co-ordination of the daily activities associated with all services being delivered through Mole Valley Life such as:
OOH’s call handling contracts
TECS/community alarm call handling
Whilst offering the best possible services for customers.
The post is based in Leatherhead, although there may be limited travel in Surrey, The Council offers excellent conditions of service and a friendly working environment
This role requires a DBS check.
You will be an experienced team leader and have:
• An interest in helping the community
• Collaborative ethos
• Organisational skills
• Communication skills
• Competent in all Microsoft systems
• Crisis Management
• Problem solver
• Strategic planner
• Experience having worked with older persons in the community
• Experience having worked with the voluntary and faith sector
• A responsible and caring attitude
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
• 23 days holiday a year (from April 2019) plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 29 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle Scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops and businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
If you have the desired skills for this role and would like any further information please contact the Operations Manager, Lorraine Tellis at Lorraine.firstname.lastname@example.org call 01372 204514. Alternatively, you can contact HR at email@example.com
Closing date for applicants: February 27 2019 – 12pm
Interview dates: 6 March 2019