Weekend Community Meals Driver x 2
Part Time, Permanent
8 hours a week working 4 hours each day 10.00am – 2.00pm
With some 900 employees, Guildford Borough Council is a hugely diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We are eager to attract the best so we provide excellent training opportunities and offer well established flexible working arrangements along with many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount shopping schemes. The role attracts a salary of £4,879.00 per annum (£22,567 per annum full time equivalent).
We are looking for reliable team players, who are caring and able to communicate easily with vulnerable clients. Working 10.00am – 2.00pm on Saturday and Sunday you will be responsible for driving specially adapted vehicles delivering hot meals to vulnerable, disabled, and elderly clients across Guildford.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- completing vehicle safety checks
- loading ovens with the required number and type of meal according to a daily schedule and health and hygiene guidelines
- deliver meals to customers in their own homes and to follow any specific additional instructions detailed on the drivers schedule, e.g. take the meal through to the kitchen
What you need to succeed in this role:
At a minimum, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A keen interest and commitment to supporting people
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good customer service skills for interacting with colleagues and the public.
- Awareness of the physical problems and other difficulties customers may experience as part of the aging process
- That you hold a licence valid to drive in the UK
It would be great if you also have:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Nicola Bull, Title on 01483 503010.
Closing date: 22nd February 2019 Interview date: 12th March 2019