An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead on strategic communications and engagement at the borough's largest ever regeneration project at the Cambridge Road Estate (CRE)
About the role
With support from the Mayor of London, we aim to build approximately 2000 new homes and create a strong mixed community, with more affordable homes, community facilities and new outdoor spaces over the next 10-12 years. This will deliver lasting social and economic benefits for residents on the estate and in the neighbourhood of Norbiton. You will be responsible for promoting the regeneration programme locally and nationally, championing resident engagement in the masterplan consultation, and helping to run a successful voluntary ballot, with the goal of securing planning consent by summer 2020.
You will have the skills and drive to involve and inspire all the partners as we work together on this programme. You will need to be equally comfortable engaging with the community and with private sector partners, as well as colleagues in the council. There is also scope to support our regeneration efforts on a range of council-owned sites across the borough. It's the kind of creative challenge that will take your career as a communications professional to the next level.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.