We are seeking to recruit a Principal Planning Officer (Maternity Cover - 13 month contract) for our Major Planning Applications team. Guildford is challenged with delivering new homes and growth within a historic town surrounding by picturesque countryside and we have an ambitious vision for the future, including:
- delivering significant numbers of new housing
- improving infrastructure and services for existing and future residents
- supporting the expansion of our world-class businesses
- growing our vibrant economy with new retail and leisure developments
- delivering environmentally sustainable development
We are expecting to adopt our new Local Plan in early 2019 and this is likely to result in a busy period for the team with a number of very large planning application expected.
The successful applicant would be expected to manage a small caseload of large and complex application with a clear focus on the delivery of development. You will need to demonstrate keen understanding of planning policy and legislation urban design, an ability to evaluate complex major planning schemes; and ability to liaise with senior officers, councillors, interested groups and other stakeholders. Excellent communication skills and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude are also essential. In return, we can offer a competitive salary, essential car user allowance and generous leave and flexible-working arrangements.