This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
A fixed term opportunity in the School Admissions and Transport Team has arisen for an Administration Assistant on a PS5 grade, £19,875 per annum for working 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am- 5pm, based at Quadrant Court (2nd floor), 35 Guildford Road, Woking, GU22 7QQ.
This is a fixed term opportunity in the School Admissions and Transport Team and will run until 30 September 2019.
About the Role
This post is set within the Admissions and Transport team, which has overall responsibility for delivering the school admissions service for community and voluntary controlled schools; for overseeing and coordinating the new round admissions process for own admission authority schools; for assessing home to school transport for mainstream Surrey pupils; and for arranging placement of challenging and vulnerable children under the Fair Access Protocol. The team consists of 25 fte posts and the admin team provides support to Admission and Transport Officers as well as senior managers in the team.
Under the line management of the Senior Admin Officer, you will be required to provide general admin support to Admissions and Transport Officers and the senior management team.
In order to be shortlisted to interview for this position, your application form should clearly set out how you meet the specific qualifications and/or experience required for the role as detailed in the role profile.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. We look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion please contact Linda Culley on 01483 517689 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on Sunday 13 January 2019.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 22 January 2019.
Whilst an enhanced DBS clearance is not required for this post, a basic disclosure is required for a GCSX (Government Connect Secure Extranet) email address.
Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focussed - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.
How to apply
You can find useful guidance on our website to assist you with your job application. There are also further helpful hints, handy tips and employment advice to make sure your application sells you in the best possible way.