2x Trainee / Planning Officer
Salary: £24,302 - £38,029 pa
Is it time you started looking for your next challenge? Or maybe the time has come for you to work in a more flexible way? Maybe you would like both – challenge and flexibility? If so, we have the opportunity for you.
You will be working in Elmbridge, a vibrant and progressive Borough Council located between the River Thames and the M25.
- thriving town centres and communities
- areas of Green Belt land
- and excellent links to both Central London and Surrey.
All of which attracts a great deal of investment and development and makes it an exciting place to be a planner.
Enthusiasm and energy
To meet an increasing number of major developments and complex schemes, we are growing our development management team and we need you! We need your enthusiasm, energy and drive.
The Planning Trainee / Officer role spans a wide range of experience from someone looking for a change in career with the motivation to undertake professional qualifications to someone with experience who is looking to work towards full membership of the RTPI. The successful candidate will need to be passionate about planning and the role it plays in place-shaping.
Flexibility and development
- We can offer flexible working, compressed hours or working from home.
- You can grow at Elmbridge through our bespoke learning and development and talent management programme.
- In addition to a generous annual leave allowance, you will also be offered leave for dependency, maternity and paternity support.
- Not forgetting our excellent pension and discounts with various local organisations and free staff parking.
If all of this sounds interesting and makes you think you want to know more, please contact Paul Falconer, Development Manager on 01372 474808 and he will talk you through the roles in more detail and answer any questions you have. You can also visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.
You may also be interested in hearing from Paul and Katie, two members of our planning team.
Closing Date: Friday 18 January 2019 at 5pm
Interview Date: 30 January 2019