Private Rented Sector Officer
Salary – £24,302 - £28,741 + car allowance (C1 core car user)
We need you to help landlords connect with our residents.
Our Rental Support Scheme seeks to connect private landlords with homeless households or those threatened with homelessness in the borough. This is not always as straightforward as it seems. There are properties to be inspected, rents to be negotiated and viewings to be conducted – to name but a few if the tasks involved within the role of Private Rented Sector and Temporary Accommodation Officer at Elmbridge. You will be key in helping us to achieve our aims in this part of our housing team.
- Your confidence in understanding what needs to be done will be vital to your success.
- Your ability to negotiate will serve you well as you work with the Borough’s landlords and homeless applicants.
- Your strength in problem solving, coupled with being someone who can empathise and bring people along with you, will be your greatest strength.
- Your determination to get the job done will make a positive difference to people’s lives.
Please note that we will need you to join our rota for starting at 8.45am, as we often need to take calls or meet people who come to the Civic Centre at that time. This will not be every day.
In return you will be working at a progressive council, determined to put the needs of its residents at the heart of everything we do. We know there are challenges in the housing sector as a whole, but we are doing what we can to ensure all of our residents can find a suitable place to live.
Rest assured that while you are supporting our residents, we will be supporting you. You will have access to a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- A free medical check-up and flu jab each year
- Up to 3 days paid leave for you to care for dependents at time of illness or to manage other emergency situations
- Enrolment to our leisure discount scheme
- And the opportunity to buy up to 10 additional days annual leave
If this role seems interesting to you, we want to hear from you. You can contact Sherone Lee on 01372 474629 or Sue Lucking 01372 474521 for an informal chat about the role or visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.
Closing date – Sunday 13 January
Interview dates - TBA