The Independent living Team provides services for Older People living within Spelthorne which includes Centres, Meals on Wheels and Spelthorne Personal Alarm Network (SPAN).
We are looking to appoint an Independent Living Assistant who will work across all of these areas and promote services across local agencies and groups.
This is a fulfilling role that requires the ability to think on your feet, communicate well with others and be adaptable to ever changing priorities. Your role will include working with older people who are often very vulnerable so will need a caring disposition and must be able to remain calm in all circumstances. You will also require good communication and presentation skills in order to build relationships and to promote the services that we provide.
Previous experience is desirable, although training will be provided.
The main duties of the post include:
- Work with the Spelthorne Personal Alarm Network (SPAN) Team in order to promote and develop telecare services
- Visit people living in Spelthorne to discuss services available to them to assist with Independent Living
- Build relationships with a variety of organisations in order to promote Independent Living Services
- Provide cover within Spelthorne’s Centres for Older People during staff absences
- Provide administration cover for office based staff when necessary
It is essential that the successful applicants have a full driving licence and their own transport. In return we offer excellent conditions of service, with a benefits package that includes pension scheme and at least 23 days’ paid leave per year. An enhanced Disclosure & Barring disclosure will also be required.
Closing date: 18 January 2019(Noon)
Interview date: 22 January 2019
Full information and an application form are available at www.surreyjobs.info or www.spelthorne.gov.uk. Alternatively, please contact Recruitment Services on (01784) 444263 (24 hour answer phone) quoting reference 787.
Working towards equal opportunities