Are you a communications professional ready for your next challenge? Interested in playing your part to establish a ‘best in class’ communications service for Kingston Council? If yes, we want to hear from you.
About the role
You will assist the Head of Communications to develop and deliver a set of multimedia communication and engagement activities that inform, change behaviour and encourage stakeholders to work more closely with the council.
We’re looking for a communications all-rounder who understands both the media and digital communications as well as wider campaigns and engagement activity.
We’re also looking for someone who has excellent writing skills, and who can contribute to the development of future strategies and plans.
You will be confident in managing press enquiries and planning and delivering proactive media and digital activity. You should be able to demonstrate a track record of managing internal and external campaigns and have an understanding of consultation and engagement activities. Monitoring media and social media channels will be part of your DNA.
You would desirably have experience working in a press office setting, corporate communications environment, or journalism. Additionally, experience and confidence in delivering multichannel strategic campaigns, including in support of consultation and engagement activity, is favourable.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.