This role has a starting salary of £44,614 per annum, based on a 36-hour working week. (This is a full-time position, part-time applications will be considered).
We are excited to be hiring a new Senior Social Worker in our growing team in the North West area of Surrey. Runnymede Locality Team is situated in the bustling town centre of Addlestone. We welcome people to join our team and due to a recent change in the team, we have this exciting opportunity available.
"In my first week, I was encouraged by how supportive and kind the team were to new staff members. I have been met with a hardworking and dedicated staff team and with the support required from Senior Management. I am looking forward to the continued success of an already strong team and I want to welcome new people to join us." - Alison Yong - newly appointed Team Manager.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Team
Runnymede Locality Team is one of eleven locality teams working across Surrey to support our residents. You will be working in the surrounding areas of Addlestone. Runnymede Locality Team have a passion for development of individuals within the team and promote progression for all staff members. We also have our Surrey Academy for Adult Social Work which ensures that the offer of learning and development to Surrey staff is excellent.
We want the people we serve to live good, ordinary lives in the place they call home with the people and things that they love, in communities where they look out for one another, doing what matters to them. If people need some support, we start by understanding what a good life looks like for them, and how we can we work together to achieve it.
About the Role
As a Senior Social Worker, we will put you in the best possible position to assess the social care needs of our service users, providing direct positive intervention to some of our more complex service users and support for their carers. Within this role, you will be expected to provide support and supervision to staff. With mentoring and support from our frontline managers and experienced colleagues, we will enable you to become the best social worker you can be.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England. Successful completion of an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme if qualified as a social worker after June 2012
- Safeguarding knowledge as well as knowledge and experience of current legislation, including the Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act and its application to practice in a social care setting
- Substantial post qualification professional experience as a Social Worker
- Experience in carrying out safeguarding enquiries, carrying out assessments within the community and working with a diverse group of individuals and partner agencies
- Commitment to your own professional development
- You will have experience of, and be able to provide, professional, reflective supervision, guidance and advice to less experienced social workers, including those completing ASYE and social work students.
Applicants must hold a Valid Driving Licence to drive in the UK and have access to a car.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 25th February 2024 with interviews planned for week commencing 4th March 2024. We look forward to receiving your application and personal statement, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.