This role has a starting salary of £20,733 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
This role is a 24-month Fixed Term apprenticeship opportunity.
We are very excited to be recruiting Business Administrator Level 3 Apprentice for the fantastic Adult Social Care team at Epsom and Ewell Locality team, part of Surrey County Council.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
Adult Social Care aims to help people stay independent, safe and well so they can live the lives they want to. This includes people who are frail, have disabilities, mental health issues as well as the people who care for them. We provide information and advice about care and support to all residents, offer short term help and options for longer term support if people have more complex needs.
You will be based at Fairmount house in Leatherhead however, due to our commitment to creating a healthy work-life balance, we welcome a conversation with you regarding our remote working options. Remote working to us is a balance of spending time in our communities, our offices and working from home or wherever works best.
What you will be doing
We want this apprenticeship to be an opportunity for you to gain experience across a wide range of tasks putting you in the best position to succeed in your apprenticeship qualification and take the first steps on your exciting career journey!
The great thing about Adult Social Care is that no day is ever the same! In this role, you will;
- Answer a range of phone and email queries as well as requests for information from people both inside and outside of Surrey
- Double checking our adult referrals as well as sharing information within the team and with relevant professionals involved
- Completing daily work caseloads and updating the relevant spreadsheets with accurate information
- Communicating daily with our excellent care providers in order to monitor and update their daily capacity for care packages and bed availability in the community
- Get involved in projects for our team such as newsletters, induction packs for new starters and data entry
- Supporting the team with the arrangements for meetings and taking minutes in those meetings
We won't be expecting you to jump in and be able to do this all from day one. You'll first go through an induction period allowing you to get used to the office and the team. As you gain more confidence in your role, you'll be supported to do more and more!
The learning side of your apprenticeships will be delivered by Surrey Adult Learning with workshops taking place once a month and taking place face to face. As you progress through your course, you'll have one to ones with training assessors between once and week and once a month dependant on the needs of the learner. These take place virtually on MS Teams. On average, you'll spend 4 days a week working and learning on the job and 1 day a week studying and completing work towards your qualification which will be the equivalent of 2 A-Levels.
As your qualification comes to an end and you begin to turn your eye to the future, we have a fantastic support programme in place that will put you in the best position to take the next step on your exciting career journey. Our desire is for all our apprenticeships to be the first step on a long & successful career journey within SCC.
Applying with us is simple! We're asking for a CV and for you to answer a few questions open and honestly to see if this job is a good match for you! They will be;
- What excites you about applying for this apprenticeship?
- Tell us about a time when you took the initiative to learn something new outside of education. It could be a hobby, skill, or subject that interested you. How did you go about learning it? What did you gain from the experience? Did you come up against any challenges?
- Describe a team project or group activity you were involved in. What was your role in the team? How did you contribute to the overall success of the team? Did you come up against any obstacles? How did you overcome them?
- Share some specific examples and experiences when you have showed good communication skills. Who did you have to communicate with? What challenges did you face? What did you learn from the experience?
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 03/03/2023.
Please note: This apprenticeship is only available for those who will not be enrolled in another government funded programme as of 1st September 2023 and do not possess a qualification at a higher or the same level as this one in the same subject. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility please contact .
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.