This role has a starting salary of £44,614 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week (pro-rata for part time roles).
We are excited to be hiring new Senior Occupational Therapists to join our fantastic Surrey Heath Locality team.
We currently have the following vacancies based in the Surrey Heath Locality Team:
- 1 x full-time, permanent Senior Occupational Therapist - £42,591- £45,519 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
- 2 x part-time permanent Senior Occupational Therapist - £42,591- £45,519 per annum based on a 36 hour working week (pro-rata for part-time hours).
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
- Training and Development including a structured Induction Programme
- Relocation assistance of up to £8000 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
About the Team
With guarantees of a supportive team, excellent training & development opportunities and an agile working environment, Surrey Heath Locality team is a great place to be an Occupational Therapist! We would love you to join us as we strive to best support our valued Surrey residents, ensuring no one is left behind.
About the Role
As a Senior Occupational Therapist in Surrey Heath Locality team, you will conduct holistic assessments of social care needs and planning support across a dedicated caseload. Working closely with families, carers and care workers, you'll play a vital role in supporting people from diverse backgrounds, with a wide range of needs.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Professional qualification in Occupational Therapy and current registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience of working within a social care, health or community focused multi-disciplinary setting
- Ability to complete person centred and proportionate OT assessments
- Familiarity with moving and handling equipment such as hoists and stand aids
- Knowledge of medical conditions and the likely impact on the individual, carer and family
- Knowledge of current legislation, including the Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act and its application to practice in a social care setting.
- Substantial post-qualification professional experience would also be required and experience of providing professional supervision (support and training to further these skills will be provided).
Applicants must hold a valid Driving Licence to drive in the UK and have access to a car.
The closing date for this advert is 31/03/2024 although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.