The starting salary for this role is £ 24,977 per annum based on a 36-hour working week. This is pro-rated to £20,814 per annum based on a 30 hour working week.
There are 3 vacancies:
- 2 full time (36 hours per week) vacancies based at Fairmont House, Leatherhead, KT22 7AH
- 1 part time vacancy (30 hours a week over 5 days) based at Merrow Lane, Guildford, GU4 7BQ
All vacancies are for a fixed term of 12 months.
"I am literally helping people every day and gives me a lot of job satisfaction. I just can't wait to start to work every day." Candy Wong, Administration Assistant
We are excited to be hiring for new Administration Assistants to join our fantastic East and West teams. The teams are based in Leatherhead and Guildford, and offer the perfect first step on the rewarding career path of Social Care.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Team
Our role is to support the social work team. We are a busy team, with a friendly close working relationship with the social workers. We are often the first point of contact when answering phone calls to service users. It is a very rewarding role, being part of the support network the team provides.
About the Role
This role will be to primarily support the team with managing and analysing some of our safeguarding data. In this role you will also be undertaking key administrative duties in order to provide support to a dispersed specialised central operational team within Adult Social Care, where supervision at times is off site. You may be required to travel to other sites in Surrey to support operational functions. Please note, you will be required to attend the office at least twice a week.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your CV and Personal Statement will clearly evidence the following:
- Previous experience in a busy office environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team within existing protocols and procedures whilst being proactive and using your initiative within the scope of the role.
- Administration experience, such as minute taking, and customer service skills.
- Commitment to your own professional development.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 25/02/2024.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Our values are as important as our abilities and shape who we are as an organisation. Discover more about our values.
Before submitting your application, we recommend you read the job description. Our Life at Surrey handbook also attached provides insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.