This role has a starting salary of £24,977 per annum, based on a 36-hour working week.
We are excited to be hiring a new Request for Support Assistant to join our fantastic CFL Referrals and Request Team. The team is based in our award winning Contact Centre in Weybridge and there will be an opportunity to work from home for part of the week following induction.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 5 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependents leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Team
The Request for Support Team is embedded within Customer Services where you will find a supportive and innovative culture, along with the ethos of providing an excellent standard of service to our residents and partner agencies.
The Request for Support Team is one of the three teams that form Surrey Children's Services Single Point of Access (C- SPA), the 'front door' to Children's Services. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, where the diverse experience and backgrounds of children and families are recognised and respected.
About the Role
As the public voice of the Council, you will have an extremely important role to play, which demands a positive and proactive attitude. You will provide high quality and efficient support to enable the smooth running of the Request for Support Team.
You will handle calls from members of public and professionals who are requesting support for children. You will also screen calls from the public and partner agencies, to identify whether a referral is appropriate and or signpost where necessary.
You'll have responsibility to safeguard confidential information and respect the privacy of families, inputting information onto databases and providing information to professional agencies where appropriate, whilst adhering to internal data protection policies. You will also ensure information is sent to Children's Services and Early Help teams in a timely manner.
You will be operating in sometimes challenging and emotionally charged situations; therefore, you must have the resilience to cope with sensitive and at times disturbing information and be able to prioritise and remain calm whilst working under pressure.
You will be a highly organised, confident communicator with a professional and flexible approach to your work. You will have the ability to interact positively with families and professionals by putting them at ease and displaying understanding and empathy.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Experience of providing high levels of customer care and professionalism
- Excellent IT skills and ability to use databases to a high standard of accuracy and a strong eye for detail
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly and as part of a team
- Excellent spoken and written English with effective communication and interpersonal skills particularly with both families and fellow professionals
- Ability to travel to Brooklands, Weybridge
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 27th February 2024. Interview date still to be confirmed. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.