This role has a starting salary of £38,746 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
The Employee Experience team prioritises wellbeing, working in a hybrid way, with the ability to work from home, alongside the opportunity to regularly work together in one of our many offices across the county. We support flexible working and would also welcome applications from those seeking part-time positions.
Our passionate, hard working and friendly Employee Experience Team is excited to be recruiting an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Consultant to support our work to promote inclusion and diversity across our amazing teams throughout the council.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependents leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
Surrey County Council has a well established commitment to ensuring that 'No One Is Left Behind' and to driving forward its diversity and inclusion framework and action plan. This includes our workforce as well as our residents, and our 'Surrey Way Strategic Framework and People Strategy' has the aim of making sure that we are an inclusive and compassionate place to work where we value diversity and can be ourselves.
About the Role
Supported by a Senior EDI Consultant, you will play a key role in progressing our work to be a more diverse and inclusive organisation. This work will include co-ordinating our planned campaigns and communication, working with our Staff Networks and supporting the delivery of our workforce EDI projects. All underpinned by an evidence base and workforce data.
Work has already begun on achieving this objective, with recent projects including
- Growing and developing our eight Staff Networks
- Establishing a centralised Workplace Adjustments Service
- Commissioning independent reviews of the experiences of disabled, LGBTQ+ and minority ethnic employees
As part of your application you will be asked to submit a CV and answer the following questions:
- Please tell us about your motivation for applying for this role?
- Please can you describe your previous experience working in EDI roles?
- Please can you provide an example of a project you have worked on that had the goal of promoting diversity in the workplace?
- EDI policy and best practice is constantly evolving. Please can you tell us how you keep up to date with the changing picture in this area?
In order to be shortlisted for this position, your CV and answers to the questions above will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working in EDI roles and a knowledge of EDI practice
- Experience of promoting workforce diversity and inclusion
- An ability to develop meaningful relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Experience of implementing EDI related projects
- Knowledge and understanding of the range of current and emerging EDI policy areas
If you feel like this is a role you are interested in but you may possess more experience than is listed here we're also advertising for a Senior Equality and Diversity Consultant, details of which can be found on the Surrey Jobs site.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 22nd February 2024 with interviews planned for the week commencing 26th February.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.