This role has a starting salary of £44,614 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week. We are excited to be hiring a new Approved Mental Health Professional to join our fantastic Frontline AMHP team. The team is based in Guildford and primarily covers the West of Surrey. The team is a busy service responding for coordinating all referrals for assessment un the Mental Health Act.
The Surrey AMHP service is a supportive and collaborative service working closely with colleagues from sectors including community health, criminal justice, and acute services. Although the role is office based, we work flexibly both at home and within community bases.
The team promotes a reflective and learning culture with daily allocations and case discussion, regular in person meetings as well as forums. This is alongside legal update training.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
- AMHP allowance of up to £1,500 per annum.
About the Team
The Surrey AMHP service is a diverse and dynamic team who carry out the Local Authorities statutory duties under the Mental Health Act. The team is a county wide service working to support its residents during some of the most challenging times in their lives. We fall under the directorate of Adults Wellbeing and Health Partnerships but work with a variety of other services including Childrens, Learning Disabilities and Substance Misuse. The Surrey AMHP service is the central point for all referrals relating to assessments under the Mental Health Act.
About the Role
The Frontline AMHP service is formed of two teams covering the East and West of Surrey, although we cover the whole area. Assessments are allocated daily at 09:00 via an allocations call. In some cases, assessments are allocated in advance and set up for later date. In addition to undertaking assessments Frontline AMHPs will also undertake our Shift Lead role on a weekly basis where they will be responsible for screening referrals and allocating as appropriate. This is done with the support of the management team.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Ability to maintain personal Approved Mental Health Professional status (Warranted).
- Professional Qualification in Social Work.
- Post qualifying experience that should include direct work with those who have mental health needs.
- A current full driving licence and have use of a vehicle.
- A working knowledge of legislation, assessments, preparation of care plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes.
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 28/02/2024. Interviews to be held week commencing 11/03/2024. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.