The starting salary is £31,262 per annum based on a 36-hour week plus enhanced rates of pay for occasional weekends, bank holidays and sleep in duties.
Rewards and Benefits:
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependents leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
- Relocation bonus
We have opportunities to join our homes located across Surrey.
Due to our legal obligations, we can only accept applications from people 22 years old and above.
You will need to the willingness and ability to travel to meet the demands of the role.
Our Senior Residential Workers turn our Residential Houses into Homes.
We want our homes to be exceptional for the children we are entrusted to care for. It's what we strive to provide and what our children deserve.
We want our homes to be nurturing, fun and inspirational places where our young people feel safe to be themselves and can rely on us to guide, care, and support them to grow and thrive whatever their challenges.
Building effective relationships, co-ordinating activities and holidays, creating meaningful care plans, working together with partner organisations, writing reports and ensuring records are kept clear and up to date are some of the ways our Senior Residential Workers support our children.
Like all supportive, caring, and compassionate home environments; no two days are the same, they throw up complex and challenging situations and are on 24/7 - 365 days of the year. So, let's be honest, if you are looking for a 9-5 job which is straight forward and predictable, you might want to sit this one out.
There will be swearing, shouting, and the occasional tear. But there will also be happiness, laughter, and smiles. There will be reward for hard work, determination and resilience, knowing that you make a difference.
Along with a dedicated and committed team we will provide you with opportunities for ongoing learning and development through a culture of high support that enables you to grow your career within our Residential service at Surrey.
So, if you think you have what it takes, can match our energy to be exceptional, and are ready to expand your experience with us at Surrey we (and our children) really want to hear from you.
To apply you will need to upload your CV and answer the following questions:
- Looking at our advert please tell us what it is about the role that has motivated you to apply?
- Please tell us about the relevant experience or transferable skills you have in relation to this role?
- What three qualities do you have that would make you a good Support Worker and why will these be important?
- Please tell us how you would you handle a situation where challenging behaviour was present? Please offer a relevant example if you can.
To be considered for our Senior Residential Worker role you will need to hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (Residential Worker) or equivalent and have some experience of direct work with children or vulnerable groups.
If you don't currently hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare then please consider applying as a Residential Support Worker first and we can support you with the rest!
Please note, if you are an international candidate looking for a role within our residential service, you must have a minimum of 2 years left on your visa and have been living in the UK for at least 3 years. We are unfortunately not able to offer sponsorship at this time.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 6th March 2024.
If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to a short first round virtual interview to explore the detail you provide in your application (lasting approx. 10-15 min), and if successful following this, invited to meet us at one of our homes for an interview. We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so feel free to submit an application as soon as you wish, and we will come back to you as quickly as possible.