This role has a starting salary of £39,355 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
We have a great opportunity for a full time Supervising Social Worker specialising in the recruitment and assessment of foster carers to join our Fostering Team based in Reigate and Woking.
When not working with our residents in the community, we are keen to support agile working with a combination of home and office working. We are keen to get the balance right of providing flexibility but ensuring you feel connected to your team and the service.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependents leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Role
In this role, you will be part of a creative fostering service that works with the theories of trauma, attachment and loss and restorative practice to ensure the best outcomes for our children. The primary focus of the role will be recruiting and assessing foster carers. As well as completing initial visits and Form F assessments you will be required to deliver training, organise and attend recruitment events and carry out general tasks within the wider fostering team. This will include some weekend and evening work.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working with children and young people and a comprehensive knowledge of legislation relating to fostering and Looked after Children.
- An ability to be able to work directly with the wider public, foster carers and children and be able to produce clear, analytical assessments.
- Good IT skills
- Great communication skills, with experience of establishing and nurturing multi-agency relationships
- Flexibility to be able to work evenings and weekends as the role includes attending recruitment events and home visits outside office hours.
- You will need to be a qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England
The role is primarily within the Fostering Team in Woodhatch Place, Reigate and you will need to be prepared to work from both Reigate and Quadrant Court in Woking and travel countywide, therefore access to your own transport is essential.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 25.02.2024 with interviews to follow.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.