This role has a starting salary of £50,942 per annum, based on a 36-hour working week.
We are excited to be hiring a new Assistant Team Manager (Social Worker qualified) to join our fantastic Spelthorne Locality team. The team is based at the Ashford Centre in Ashford, Surrey.
The team offer hybrid working with the expectation of 2-3 days in the office. Please note during the initial induction period you would be expected to be office based 5 days a week.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
- Car Lease salary sacrifice scheme after 6 months of employment
"I came into Spelthorne Locality as an experienced leader and practitioner, with a lot to both share as well as learn. The locality team has provided the right framework for me to expand my experience. As an Assistant Team manager, my task has been to nurture and develop the culture and practice within the team, the success of which has only been possible because of the support I have received from my leadership, who mentor and support me, as well as the support I have received from the rest of the team, whose culture has been that of a learning organisation with an unwavering commitment to the well-being of each other as well as that of the residents they support in Spelthorne. Because of this, my commitment to the team is just as unwavering for the foreseeable future." - Richard Otim, Assistant Team Manager
About the Team
Spelthorne Locality Team is one of eleven locality teams working across Surrey to support our adult residents with physical disabilities and older persons. You will be working in the surrounding areas of Staines, Ashford, Sunbury, Shepperton and Laleham. We aim to promote people's independence and wellbeing, through personalised care and support that focuses upon their strengths, the outcomes they want to achieve and enables choice and control.
About the Role
As an Assistant Team Manager, you will support the day to day running of a busy, dynamic team, effectively prioritising daily challenges and expectations. You will support the Team Manager to deliver high quality personalised adult social care. Additionally, a key accountability of the role is developing staff practice ensuring the team you work within is the best it can be.
We understand the challenges of day-to-day frontline social work and have put tools in place to improve your work/life balance and make day-to-day tasks more manageable. We have created an environment to put you in the best place to do your work in a more agile way, working from home, office, or other locations as appropriate.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Social Work qualification and Social Work England registration with post qualification experience, including experience in a social care setting, and your excellent understanding of the social care and health agendas.
- Applied knowledge of Adult Social Care legislation, including the Mental Capacity Act and the NHS Continuing Healthcare National Framework.
- Effective knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults' procedures and be able to evidence this.
- Your excellent communication skills that enable you to successfully manage a team and develop effective relationships, both internal and external.
- Examples of when you have provided effective professional supervision to less experienced colleagues. You must also be able to demonstrate a track record in inter-agency partnership working.
- Strong commitment to achieving positive, strengths-based outcomes that promote maximum community inclusion, and personal choice and control.
Applicants must hold a valid Driving Licence to drive in the UK and have access to a car.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 18/02/2024 with interviews planned for the week commencing 26/02/2024. We look forward to receiving your application and personal statement, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.