This role has a starting salary of £43,923 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
We are excited to be hiring a new Senior People Consultant to join our fantastic People Consultancy team. This role is all about being a key part of our Business Partnering and Employment Practice within the People and Change Service, managed by our dedicated People Consultant Lead. Together, we support the council in realising its ambitions and driving transformational change
The team is based in Woodhatch Place and this role is open to hybrid working meaning you aren't required in the office 5 days a week. Our focus on results, outcomes and collaboration is enabled by high levels of trust and accountability in our people. We have a team base to enable you and your colleagues to come together as and when required.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Annual leave allowance (for bank) or remove for term time
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Team
In our team we mirror the values of Surrey County Council and ensure they are a golden thread through everything we do. We value a culture that is enabling, evidence-based, forward-thinking, confident, and risk-aware. We provide constructive challenge based on service needs and drivers, and we're driven to achieve outstanding results. Working with us means experiencing a sense of inclusiveness, compassion, collaboration, trust, ambition, and focus on outcomes. We're an inventive and dynamic team that strives to make a difference for Surrey residents.
About the Role
Are you ready to join our incredible team as a Senior People Consultant? We are seeking a proactive, change-driving professional with a passion for continuous improvement. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to the design and transformation of our HR People Consultancy team, making a positive impact on our organisation.
As a Senior People Consultant, you'll be the go-to person for complex case work, as well as collaborating with senior stakeholders across all areas of People and Change. You'll bring change to life by staying up to date with the latest trends in the People Profession and identifying improvement opportunities. Leading strategic projects and fostering collaboration within our team and extended leadership, you'll be at the forefront of driving transformation.
But that's not all! Your role will also involve coaching and mentoring our talented team colleagues. With your operational oversight, you'll ensure timely resolution of case work, always keeping outcomes in mind and adhering to legislation, policy, and best practice. And don't worry, you won't be alone in this journey. You'll work closely with our People Business Partners, linking operational and strategic people matters for maximum impact.
So, if you're ready to bring your expertise, humour, and friendly professionalism to our team, apply now! Together, we'll provide compliant and valuable employment relations advice that meets the needs of our organisation. Let's make a difference and empower our people to reach their full potential.
In order to be considered for shortlisting, your CV and answers to the following questions will clearly evidence that you meet the shortlisting criteria in the attached job description.
- Can you provide examples of how you have driven change and contributed to the continuous improvement of HR processes in your previous roles? We're looking for someone who can proactively identify opportunities for enhancement and implement effective strategies to bring about positive change.
- Tell us about a complex case you have successfully managed involving senior stakeholders in the area of People and Change. How did you approach the situation, and what were the outcomes achieved? We want to understand your problem-solving abilities and your ability to navigate challenging situations while maintaining positive relationships and achieving desired results.
- How do you ensure that you stay current with the latest trend in the People Profession? Can you provide examples of how you implemented innovative practices or identified improvement opportunities based on your knowledges and understanding of industry trends? We're seeking someone who is forward-thinking, adaptable, and able to drive transformation through their awareness of best practices and emerging trends in HR.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 18/02/2024.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.