This role has a starting salary of £43,923 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week. We are excited to be hiring a new Business Delivery Manager to join our fantastic Business Delivery - Joint Fire Control team.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependents leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Team
Surrey Fire & Rescue Services Joint Fire Control Centre, based in Surrey takes 999 calls and mobilises assets across Surrey and East and West Sussex. This is an exciting time for all three services, by working together to increase resilience and offering potential for greater value for money.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Group Commander, the role of Business Delivery Manager is key to ensuring that we achieve those benefits and meet our objectives under the Section 16 agreements and National Operational Guidance. Working alongside the Group Commander, you will business plan, progress and report risks.
You will work with strategic, tactical and operational boards, presenting them accurately, with concise and timely information. You will also monitor and deliver against the tri-service 'investment roadmap' for the next 3 to 5 years, setting out future planned investment in the Joint Fire Control and associated mobilising systems.
As a Business Delivery Manager, you will monitor and report on KPI's with our partners, actively promote and facilitate the alignment of policies, operational procedures and ways of working. In addition, you will monitor contracts with partners and suppliers, deliver against contingency contracts, monitor and report on crewing levels, and take the lead on key projects.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Experience of running or presenting in governance forums.
- Strong communication skills and a track record of working supportively and collaboratively to achieve results.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to quickly grasp the key details in a range of business areas including, finance, IT, premises and contract management.
- Good negotiation, influencing and motivational skills.
- Ability to lead and drive implementation, but also used to working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including those in other locations.
- Experience of project delivery in a complex environment.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 15/02/2024 with interview dates to be confirmed.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.