This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Resources Casework Team.
The team provides excellent support services to the council with a focus on Finance business support. The team act as the first point of contact for advice and support to internal/external customers and the post holder will respond to and seek to resolve support service requests using the systems, processes and workflows in place, for all council teams.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can work as part of a strong team as well as being able to use your own initiative. You should be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a strong customer focus that will enable the highest possible standards of support and advice to resolve support service requests. The ability to multi task and work across different functional areas would also be an advantage.
We are seeking to recruit a candidate with previous experience of working within an AR/AP/Finance environment and may be required to support other functions.
What you’ll do on a typical day :
- Tell us once notifications
- Transfers enquiries
- BACs Reports
- Open and sort post
- Direct Debit Set ups
- Direct Debit - Unpaid - investigation and resolution
- Manage recurring invoices (monthly,quartely, annual- formatting and parameters) (Subscriptions)
- Debt Recovery - issuing Letters
- Indentify Write offs
- Setup payment plans
- Manage and approving customer amendments/new customers
- Internal & External Enquiries
- Daily Suspense Clearing
- Council Tax refunds
- Processing Card Refunds
- Invoice corrections
- AP review tasks
- Cheque processing
- Load manual payments
- To carry out any additional duties or functions, commensurate with the grade, as may be requested by management.
What you will need to succeed:
- Strong team working skills
- A good level of education, includes GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths Grade C or above
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- High level communication and presentation skills including clear, concise reporting and correspondence particularly concerning complex or controversial issues.
- Continually seek to develop your competence in a variety of IT systems and packages
- The ability to communicate with people of different social, economic and professional backgrounds.
Successful candidates will be expected to work in an agile way. Please note roles are normally appointed at the bottom of the scale. Job share and part time working would be considered.
The successful candidates will have a good standard of education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs (including a pass at level 4 in English and Maths).
What’s in it for you?
With some 700 employees, we are a diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We are eager to attract the best so we provide excellent training opportunities, offer well established flexible working arrangements including the ability to vary your start and finish times where the business allows work from home and take extra flexi days (by agreement). We also offer many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount off a range of well known high street shops and supermarkets.
Closing date: 25/02/2024 Interview date: To be confirmed
Guildford is a regional centre for leisure, business, education, shopping and culture set in beautiful countryside that includes the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guildford is a thriving market town and is a principal shopping destination with a vibrant night time economy. The town’s geographical location provides excellent transport links in all directions, London is just 30 minutes away on the train and the town is well-served by frequent bus routes and subsidised Park and Ride facilities. All of this contributes to a quality of life that attracts many people to live, work in and visit Guildford.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and post-holders to share this commitment. To fulfil this commitment we have robust systems in place for the safe recruitment of staff and volunteers.