Our Technical Support Team is the engine room of Environmental Health at Elmbridge. As a vital member of this team, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks including;
- Processing and registering all licence applications ensuring that technical, financial and administrative checks are completed within service deadlines.
- Receiving, checking, registering, and processing service requests, payments and applications from the public and other agencies.
- Respond effectively to enquiries or complaints in accordance with our customer service standards.
- As you would expect you will need to be highly organised and a strong communicator. You will be working across the environmental health team as well as the rest of the council, so having a solution focused mentality will serve you well.
- Don’t worry too much if you don’t have experience in environmental health, we will create a bespoke learning and development package for you, to give you all the technical skills and confidence you need.
- What you also need are IT skills of course and the experience of recording and managing
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Flexibility: And we really mean it! We know you have to juggle work and life commitments and we are happy and open to discussing the right mix for you whether its compressed hours or working from home, just give us a call.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan for you.
- The package: Not forgetting our excellent pension and discounts with various local businesses, free employee parking, your birthday off and closed between Christmas and New Year – no annual leave required.
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Lee Girdlestone, our Business Support Team Leader, a call on 01372 474909.
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete but we have prepared some guidelines to help you with the application as it’s such an important part of the process.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.