Are you experienced in working in a customer services team and looking for a new challenge? Perhaps you’re looking to kickstart your career with an exciting new job? If so, we have the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Customer Services Advisor to join our Customer Services team, in a role which is:
- Interesting, varied and never dull.
- Designed to help you develop your skills and experience and progress your career.
- Ideal for someone who is enthusiastic and likes to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Perfect for someone who is positive, hard-working and passionate about delivering great customer service.
About the role
Our Customer Services team is the first point of contact for our residents who need the Council’s help or advice, so this is a really important role. The successful applicant will be working in a fast-paced and busy environment. You will play a key role in supporting our residents, staff and councillors by providing advice and support on our services on a daily basis, over the phone, by e-mail and face to face in our reception.
The successful applicant will work closely with colleagues from different teams across the council and will receive training to enable you to handle queries about the wide variety of services we provide.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have worked in a customer services role before, including if you’ve worked in a call centre.
- Have excellent customer service skills and can build and maintain relationships, comfortable talking with colleagues at all levels.
- Are well organised and can remain calm, focused and professional when under pressure.
- Can work under minimal supervision, making decisions on your own when needed.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Know how to maintain databases, manage cases like applications and complaints and analyse information.
- Are comfortable using technology and Microsoft Office.
This is a full-time role; however, we would consider applications from those looking to work 3 days (minimum 22.2 hours per week). Applicants must demonstrate they meet the criteria of the role as described in the Role Specification.
What we offer
In addition to the stated pay we are offering membership and contributions towards the Local Government Pension Scheme, flexible working (requiring presence in the office for a minimum of three days per week), flexi-time, payment of a relevant professional subscription and access to a discounted health scheme.
Training and development will be available as required.
We offer a friendly working environment with on-site parking and proximity to Oxted Station.
At Tandridge District Councill, we pride ourselves on maintaining an inclusive workplace, ensuring that equality, fairness, and inclusion is at the heart of everything we do, and good practice is embedded in the council’s culture and services.
We welcome, applications from all sectors of our community, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and all groups protected under the Equality Act.
Tandridge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Want to know more?
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you want to be part of our friendly and supportive team, we’d love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role, please e-mail email@example.com or call [Kerry Sargeant or Bradley Saffery] on 01883 722000.