This role has a starting salary of £23,239 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week, 42 weeks per year (£24,977 FTE). The role is term time, plus an additional 15 days per year.
We are a large and supportive team and can offer you line management, peer observations, joint working and a thorough induction alongside our in-house training programme.
Your office base will be in Weybridge although we promote agile working. You will work in a patch of mainstream schools but we are also looking for someone with a passion for working with children with severe learning difficulties to work some of the week in our Specialist Schools for children with severe learning difficulties based in Walton and Shepperton.
About the Service
The School-Aged Speech and Language Therapy Service is part of Surrey County Council's local SEND offer, working collaboratively in the Inclusion & Additional Needs team in Surrey Children, Schools and Families Directorate, with other teams like educational psychology, and specialist teachers.
Thee aim to deliver the right support at the right time, through assessment and intervention, and equipping families and professionals with the skills and resources to work together to help and support children with SLCN. Our service model offers universal, targeted and specialist support for children, families, and the school workforce, and work with children and young people with EHCPs (Education, Health & Care Plan) and those at SEN (Special Education Needs) support.
About the Role
Your role will be to play a pivotal part in supporting children to achieve the outcomes agreed by a Speech and Language Therapist in conjunction with the school and family through a range of activities:
- Working individually with a child/ young person within the school
- Modelling strategies to class teachers/ teaching assistants
- Working with a small group
- Creating resources for the therapy team
We will offer you:
- A strong supervision model to support you in your role and to develop you in your career
- Continuing Professional Development through in house and external training
- A dedicated and supportive team
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working with children and young people either within mainstream or specialist schools and centres
- Experience of working on communication and interaction targets
- Ability to adapt your approach and communication style to help children communicate
- A passion for championing children's voices
- Ability to work flexibly and independently
- Be a car driver
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 06/12/2023. although we will be looking at applications as they come in and may shortlist in advance of the closing date. Interviews will follow.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.