The starting salary for this full-time, permanent position is £27,897 per annum based on 36 hours per week.
We are excited to be recruiting a Social Care Assistant to join our Surrey Heath Locality Team based in Camberley.
This is the ideal first step on a rewarding career path in our fantastic Adult Social Care team here at Surrey County Council.
What we can offer you
- 26 days annual leave with the option to also buy additional leave if required
- Agile working opportunities - your work/life balance is important to us!
- Training and Development - Superb opportunities for development including a Structured Induction Programme
- A supportive, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits
About the role
Your role will be to assist qualified practitioners with a variety of tasks which will include assessing people's needs and carrying out regular reviews. You will frequently be the first point of contact between the public and the service, gathering initial information and identifying the need for further assessment, as well as signposting people to other services.
You will work in partnership with individuals, their carers, professional staff in other agencies and service providers in order to support vulnerable adults and their families to identify and arrange services that meet their needs and promote independence, choice and control.
In this role, you may work with any combination, or all, of the following care groups: older people, people with physical, sensory, cognitive impairments, people with a learning disability and people with mental health problems. You will hold a caseload of individuals and carers who will generally have a support plan in place that requires routine monitoring.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, you application will clearly evidence:
- Understanding of Adult Social Care needs and any experience you may have in this area. It doesn't have to involve visiting people in their homes or in care settings
- Your ability to manage a caseload efficiently, regularly monitoring support plans for individuals and carers
- Experience of working directly with the public on the phone or in person
- Your ability to build relationships with various stakeholders, colleagues, and the public effectively
- Your IT skills with a willingness to learn to use a variety of software systems
Applicants must hold a valid Driving Licence to drive in the UK and have access to a car.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 3rd December 2023.
Interviews will take place on 18th December 2023.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.