The starting salary for this permanent position is £34,356 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
"I have loved working as a Senior Administration Advisor in the Guildford Locality Team for the past four years and using my skills, knowledge and creativity to help achieve best outcomes for both vulnerable adults and staff has been extremely rewarding. I am lucky to have been able to manage such a knowledgeable and supportive team, we all look out for each other and the whole management team has been brilliant in helping me solve problems independently and develop myself professionally. In addition to the usual benefits offered by Surrey County Council, I enjoy a decent work-life balance through hybrid working, and the whole team are all some of the friendliest people I know. Truly one of the best experiences of my career journey."
We are excited to be hiring a new Senior Administration Advisor to join our friendly and fantastic Guildford Locality team. We are based at Guildford Borough Council offices but have a flexible working approach with the option to work remotely for part of the week. We are a diverse, forward thinking and dynamic team who strive to empower each other and our customers.
About the role
We are looking for a highly organised and proactive person to manage our busy Admin Team, to ensure that systems, processes and a comprehensive administrative support service is provided to the department, Senior Management and the Service.
You'll need to be enthusiastic and motivated as in this varied role you will:
- Lead, manage, support and develop the Administration Assistants who provide support to Social Care Professionals. This includes managing the admin in the acute hospital setting
- Have responsibility for all administrative tasks within the team including coordinating safeguarding meetings
- Support and maintain the Adult Social Care complaints process
- Work closely and provide support to the Senior Locality Managers and Team Managers
- Be the key contact for District & Borough colleagues in relation to premises liaison
- Promote an excellent level of customer service within the team both to internal and external customers
- Work with other Adult Social Care Senior Administration Advisors to develop and maintain administrative and business processes across the Service
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will need to clearly evidence the following:
- Previous experience of managing a team and extensive experience of working in a customer service environment
- Ability to prioritise team workloads in a fast paced environment ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent organisational, administrative and motivational skills together with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and data management systems
- Proven track record of notetaking at complex meetings
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 03/12/2023 with interviews to follow.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.