This Trainee Chef Manager position is based at Reigate School, working Monday to Friday over the lunchtime period. The starting time for this role is 7am each day.
You will work 35 hours per week, 38.2 weeks per year for £17,499.05 per annum (equivalent to £11.33 per hour).
About the role
Team Twelve15 colleagues are team players who work as one team, putting their passion and dedication into preparing and providing exciting, innovative, and tasty food; helping children to develop a passion and interest for good, nutritious, healthy food.
This is a hands-on role working within a team to produce an outstanding menu using fresh ingredients, therefore good craft skills are required. This role supports the Caterer and there may be opportunities to step up in their absence and aid career progression.
Strong customer services skills are required as a key part of the role is working with our clients, the school, to maintain and increase uptake of school meals.
We are very committed to developing talent and skills to ensure our team members are the very best they can be and have the opportunity to grow and flourish. If you want to be part of this great team with fantastic opportunities to showcase your passion and skill, please read on...
We want to live in a world where our planet is cared for and the people living on it have healthy bodies and minds.
Twelve15 are looking for:
- First and foremost, a passion and skill for cooking.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and customer service.
- Someone who is creative and able to use initiative.
- Flexibility: you will have a main base but occasionally we will need you to help at other local schools.
Twelve15 can offer you:
- Full training and induction.
- Build management skills.
- Opportunity for internal progression.
- Our Superstar initiative recognises staff via nomination from their colleagues.
- Get involved with mini projects and theme days.
- Internal wellbeing champions and services available.
- A regular internal e-newsletter showcasing the teams' fantastic work and positive news.
- Term time only hours that allow good work/life balance.
Do our values resonate with you? Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? If so, we encourage you to apply!
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 7th December 2023, with interviews to follow.
An Enhanced DBS check for regulated activity and the Children's Barred List check will be required for this role. This will be paid for by Twelve15. You need to be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.