The starting salary for this role is between £39,355 - £42,053 per annum based on 36 hours working week. We welcome both full time and part time applications.
"I'd say no day is the same. It is rewarding and it's great being out with the public and helping. It makes getting out of bed worthwhile." - Mandi Porter, Senior Social Care Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for Social Workers to join our fantastic Learning Disability and Autism service and help us make a real difference to the local community, ensuring no one is left behind.
What we can offer you:
- 26 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 2 years and 30 after 5 years of continuous local government service) - with the opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional annual leave
- Agile working opportunities - your work/life balance is important to us!
- Training and Development - Superb opportunities for development including a Readiness Programme, Preceptorship, Structured Induction Programme
- A supportive, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- A car lease scheme and many more discounted lifestyle benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
To be considered for this position we just need to know that you have completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and be registered with Social Work England.
In addition to the above, we would also love to hear about:
- Your understanding and experience of working in a strengths-based approach.
- Your knowledge and experience of current legislation such as The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act.
- Your experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries and examples of you using your professional judgement in complex situations.
About the Role
We have vacancies in our East Surrey Team (based in Leatherhead) which offers a fantastic working environment where training and development is prioritised.
As a Social Worker in Surrey you will work across various unique projects that ensure our valued service users have the opportunity to enjoy a home of their own, an environment in which they are supported to live a health & meaningful lifestyle.
At Surrey we work together openly and honestly to provide our residents with an excellent service that is inclusive and respectful of all. We offer a wide range of benefits that allow you to develop within your career without having to sacrifice your work/life balance.
You can read more about our benefits, vision and values on our website by clicking apply.
The closing date for this role is 01/01/2024, although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.