The starting salary for this role is £39,355 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
We are excited to be hiring a new Social Worker to join our fantastic Mole Valley Locality Team.
The team is based in Dorking where other colleagues from Adult Social Care can be found, enabling a collaborative approach to our work. Staff development is really important to us and we positively encourage staff to progress in their role through training as well as work opportunities.
The management team is very supportive and has a good track record of supporting staff to develop and progress in their career. The role is hybrid working with a mixture of working in the office and from home.
About the role
The role is working primarily with older adults who have need for care and support. The team work within the Care Act 2014 legislation
On a daily basis you will be meeting with clients to understand their care and needs, how they can be supported and to provide the best outcomes for them. This work will include completion of Section 9 and Section 10 assessments, mental capacity assessments, risk management and safeguarding.
There are three hubs in the team: Allocations, Safeguarding and Duty, and you will have the opportunity to work across these different areas. There are also unqualified staff in the teams and you will be supporting them on a daily basis. You will have access to Surrey's training offer to support you in your role.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence the following:
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England
- Successful completion of an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme if qualified as a social worker after June 2012
- Experience in mental health service, including assessment and risk management skills
- Working knowledge of Care Act legislation including experience in preparation of support plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 03/12/2023.
Interviews will take place on 13/12/2023.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.