The starting salary for this permanent, full-time position is £43,923 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
We understand that life comes with its unique demands. Our work environment offers flexibility in terms of when and where you work. This includes a mix of office time at our Merrow base in Guildford and the freedom of remote working. The specifics can be discussed during interview.
Unlock your potential as a Commercial Analyst!
Are you looking for a role where your contributions are pivotal in shaping our contract aims and ambitions? Are you passionate about ensuring that every penny spent delivers true value for money?
If you're driven by curiosity, possess an analytical mindset and excel at building collaborative relationships, we would love for you to join our team.
At the heart of the Environment, Transport and Infrastructure directorate lies our Highways and Transport service. We are entrusted with the vital task of managing, maintaining and enhancing all highway and transport assets. Our services are executed through strategic contracts, making us accountable for delivering high-quality services that are highly regarded by our community.
We work in an environment with significant political engagement and must navigate financial, safety and reputational risks. It's our responsibility to ensure that these contracts operate efficiently and adapt to this context, ensuring quality, effectiveness and value for money.
As a Commercial Analyst you'll be an integral part of our Strategic Contract Management Group, reporting directly to the Senior Contract Manager. Your primary responsibility will be to provide insightful commercial analysis and reporting for key Highways Contracts. This will involve the rigorous examination of data, uncovering commercial performance trends and opportunities, and translating your findings into actionable recommendations. Your insights will drive data-driven decision-making and process enhancements.
What we're looking for:
- A curious and analytical mindset
- Collaborative relationship-building and a knack for fostering high-value, collaborative relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills: Your ability to effectively convey complex findings to a broad audience is essential
- Data-driven approach: You can use data to drive process improvements and deliver exceptional value for money
- Commercial expertise: Experience in providing commercial support for contract management, ideally in construction, engineering or environmental services contracts
- Qualifications: You are qualified or part-qualified in ACCA/ACA/CIMA or an equivalent certification
Join us in making a meaningful impact on our community and ensuring that our contracts consistently deliver excellence. If you're ready to bring your skills, mindset and passion to our team, apply now!
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 23rd November 2023 with interviews to follow.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit our website.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.